Sunday, April 19, 2009

I did it again...

I'm following my old ways...never finishing anything I start. I haven't finished an entire book since Charlotte's Web in fourth grade. I started scrapbooking, never finished. I started to keep a calendar of the second year of Jacob's life, never finished. I started to send cards to all the small group members on their birthdays, never finished. I started an exersize routine in the evenings, ha..ha...joke. Now the blog. Started it.....and haven't written in months!

I may end up resorting to my old pattern of living, but I'll try to post more often b/c I really do enjoy it.

I'll bring you up to date on the Young family life since my last blog. Evan is out of his helmet. (yeah!) There is a noticeable difference in the shape of his head. It isn't perfection..but in our eyes he is perfect. He is such a joy! He is cruising furniture, eating everything in sight, throwing balls, getting angry at his brother, laughing at everything and completely ignoring the word "no" in every way.

Jake is loving "school." He goes with me two days a week to a daycare/preschool program at my school. We have been on spring break for the past week, and we both can't wait to get back there. Jake is very independent and wants to try to do everything by himself. His is still sports obsessed, loves motorcycles and just got his first "big boy bike" with training wheels. In the true nature of Jake, he is still to timid to ride it up and down the driveway. The bumps are a little scary. He has managed to ride it around the patio about a thousand times. Maybe we will venture out onto the bumps soon.

I'll end with a Jake quote of the day.. He was inspecting the new mosquito bite on my leg. "Mama, is biting nice?" "No, Jake, it's not." "Mosquitos bite people. That's not nice. I do not like mosquitos."

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Heh. :)

    Do you have plans to come to Holland in the next 2-3 weeks?

    ReplyDelete