Thursday, January 22, 2009

The big roar

I just realized that if I don't stay upright, I will fall asleep. This is not good considering it is only 8:00. My goal is to stay up until 10:00 and watch my two favorite T.V. shows, but this is a lofty ambition.

So, today I went to school as usual. Jake drove me crazy this morning with his new found three-year-old freedom. He apparently can do everything now that he is three. As he is putting his underwear on inside out, his socks on backward, his two legs into one leg opening of his jeans while brushing his teeth, I am running around like a crazy women wondering how I am going to get to work on time. By some miracle, we made it. I think there was a bribe in there somewhere. I may have promised him a pony......phew...he forgot.

Jake is always a bit timid as we enter the classroom. He goes right for the coloring table and quietly begins to work. Mid-way through the day I talked with his teacher about how he was doing. Apparently, him and a few other boys were playing in the playhouse together. They were laughing and giggling. All of a sudden, the class hears a big "ROARRRR.........ROARRRR..........." The teachers were sure it was "the crazy boys". No...deep within the playhouse, Jake was belting out his greatest "roar" possible. The teachers almost fainted in disbelief. Could this possibly have come from Jacob Young? The child who says two words all day? Yes- my three year old can do everything now.

I later asked Jacob what they were playing. He said that he was a "big dog." I have already had the pleasure of playing "dogs" at home. Just picture me crawling down the hallway in my dress pants. Just what I want to do after a long day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment