Thursday, January 29, 2009

school trouble

Well, I knew the day would come. I envisioned the teacher catching me after school to tell me that Jacob knew all his spelling words, hugged all his friends or picked up the classroom without being asked. Instead, the teacher caught me after school to tell me that she saw the "other side" of Jacob today.

Jake decided it was funny to open his mouth at lunch and show all the children what he was chewing. As laughter ensued, he decided to do it again. Later in the afternoon, his "friends" thought it would be funny for Jake to punch them in the tummy. Instead of saying "no, I won't punch you in the tummy," Jake gave them his best swing.

We spent our dinner tonight discussing table manners, and most of all, not following a "friend" who tells you to do something naughty. I know Jake's personality is one that will quickly follow others, so this school day isn't surprising. We just pray that he follows good examples in the future.

As Jake was telling us the happenings of the day, I saw a little sparkle in his eye that reminded me of my dad. It was priceless. My dad had the exact same sparkle. Although I would like Jake keep his food a secret while chewing, I hope he never looses that sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Love that story! Yes, he definitely has that dad sparkle look in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that sparkle. So precious.

    ReplyDelete