Tuesday, January 20, 2009

nose picking

It is quite obvious (by the titles of my last two blogs) that I live in a house full of boys. Yes- today was a day of nose picking. In the car, in front of the T.V., on the potty, at the kitchen table, Jake continues to "dig for gold" every chance he gets. I've tried ignoring the problem, bribing him not to pick, and lately (especially after a long day with no husband home) being firm about keeping your finger out!!

So, tonight at dinner he was at it again, although this time he asked permission. He said "Mama, may I PLEASE pick my nose now?" To which I replied..."ahh...No." He then said, "Mama, I think you are being bossy." I had to stifle a laugh.

I am hopeful that this minor issue will pass soon. Yes- he is a three year old boy and he isn't about to heed warning from a "bossy" mother like me.

I love that little dude- nose picking and all.

*another random Jake quote of the day. This came after seeing a statue of President Lincoln on T.V. "Mama...do presidents talk?" I replied, "Yes, of course they do." He then said "No, they can't talk, they are only rocks."

1 comment:

  1. I think we should get him a picture book of presidents - so he can memorize a few names and become familiar with historical events and political positions.

    ReplyDelete